Sunday, December 20, 2009

Boat Dock Wheels Sinusoidal Function Word Problems?

Sinusoidal function word problems? - boat dock wheels

I closed my questions for the next, but could anybody know if my answers are correct because there are no answers to these questions, because it is a piece that my teacher gave us.

OK, let me know where my mistakes and what is the right answer for you.

Thanks in advance!

1. Write a function of the sine function with a 6th The function has a maximum of 3 to x = 2 and a minimum of -1.

My answer: y = 2 sin [(pi / 3) (x-0, 5)] 1

2. Write a function of the sine function with a period of 5 years. The function has a maximum of 7 1. to x =

My answer: y = 3.5sin (2pi/5x)

3. If you are on board foot Ferris wheel 1 foot of soil. At the highest point on the runway, the feet are 99 meters above the ground. It takes 30 seconds to travel in order to complete a revolution. Write a sinusoidal function of height above the ground t seconds after the start of the journey.

My answer: y = 49sin (pi/15x) 50

4. At high tide the water level in a particular boat dock is 9 meters deep. At low tide the water is 3 meters deep. Each day, at low tide occurs at 3 clock in the morning and high tide is at 9 clock. Find an equation for the height of the flood at time t.

My answer: y = 3 sin (pi/36x) 6

5. Jessie has a pulse of 73 beats per minute and blood pressure of 121 over 85 If the blood pressure by Jessie can be modeled by a sine function, you can find an equation of the sine curve.

My answer: y = 0.7sin (146pix)


Well, I thank you once again for those who help!

No comments:

Post a Comment